Important change to Italian insurance requirement

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Our friends at Topsail report the following:

It has recently come to our attention that foreign Third Party Liability certificates are under scrutiny by the Italian authorities and if they are found to provide insufficient details of the tender and outboard on board a penalty fine will be actioned. An Italian government body ISVAP (L’Istituto per la vigilanza sulle assicurazioni private e di interesse collettivo) or (Institute for the supervision of private insurance and collective interest) is requiring a new yacht liability certificate of insurance (blue card) for boats which takes immediate effect.

The main difference to the old liability certificate is that it now officially requires the serial number of the tender. All insurers will need to include the new format in their documentation in order to ensure that boat skippers are not fined for having incorrect documents. If you are going to be cruising in Italy, please check that your Italian Third Party Liability certificate includes the make, model, HP and serial number for both tenders and outboards as applicable. If this information has not been included, please contact the office with the missing details and we will be able to amend this.

http://www.topsailinsurance.com/news/item/italian-insurance-liability-certificate-be-aware.html

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search