Just a brief reminder to those updating their boats position by email:
1. If you are struggling to decimalise your lat long then if you go to the fleet map and hover your mouse where your boat should be then the lat long will be displayed on the screen in the correct format.
2. Don 't forget the important -ve in front of the Latitude to depict southern hemisphere and, similarly, -ve in front of the Longtitude to depict the western hemisphere.
3. email your message to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The email must be sent from the email account registered with Marinetraffic.com or else the position will not update.
5. It is easy to change your registered email address on the Marinetraffic website if you want to send from your satellite of SSB email account.
An example of a successful position post is pasted below. The email should be addressed to email@example.com. The subject should be left blank and the body text should read:
Hope this helps.