Kilrush Marina - now offers discount to OCC member

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Kilrush Marina on the Shannon River is under new ownership and there is much happening there in terms of improvements. Kim Roberts is the new manager and very helpful. Here is an update from Kim -- and by the way, OCC members now get discounted rates at the marina.

Good Morning Daria,
Just to update you on developments here at Kilrush. The fairway buoy and leading lights on the access channel are as before with no change, the channel is currently 1.2m below LAT and we have scheduled further dredging for the end of March 2016.

The lock are almost automated and will be trialled within weeks and up and running for 2016. Visitors arriving should call 065 9052072 or VHF Ch 80 24hrs to ensure outer gate is open . There is a pontoon inside the lock on the port side with self service controls on it. Berth holders can automatically operate the gates for access to the lock.

New 24hr self service credit/debit card diesel pump on boatyard pontoon.
New 36m floating breakwater inside marina to west of outer pontoons, all round red light at southern end of inside marina channel.
Electricity, water,Wi fi in all berths.Free parking.

Boatyard and travel hoist 40t. Indoor and out door storage. Shipwright and all boatyard services.

Taxi service to Shannon Airport. In addition to local hardware, banks and shops there are Tesco, Suvervalu and Aldi supermarkets within walking distance.

Regards,
Kim

I can personally vouch for Steve Morris the shipwright. He did extensive work on our boat a couple of years ago and his work is impeccable.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search