MisterVee wind vane self steering

Author
dickdeg
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Any member have experience with MisterVee self steering gear? Fellow sailor is considering using it on his Pearson 32.
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)
Hi Dick,
What is the appeal of a new product when there are well thought of, tried and true, wind vanes out there? As wind vanes are usually chosen for off-shore use, I would want an off-shore product to have years of use (at least 5) in the field generating many anecdotal reports and professional reviews. And especially to hear its effectiveness in gale conditions and worse.
That said, someone needs to be a guinea pig, and some products actually do prove themselves. In any case, an early adopter should know that he/she is doing R&D for the product.
My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy
dickdeg
dickdeg
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Hi Dick:
I agree with you. Apparently MisterVee cost $1500 and it works around a transom mounted outboard and could work on the Pearson 32 sloop. The pics I looked at, the rig appeared flimsy. It 's made in the Netherlands and I couldn 't find any history. I 'll pass your comments on to the prospective buyer.
Fair Winds, Dick de Grasse s/v Endeavour
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search