Sea Mercy heading to Fiji - call for volunteers

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
I am sure you are aware of the considerable contributions made by OCC members to the recovery effort in Vanuatu after the devastation caused by Cyclone Pam last year. My wife, Donna and I were involved through the charity Sea Mercy and are now continuing their work as volunteer coordinators.

In addition to their ongoing Disaster Response and Floating Healthcare Fleets, Sea Mercy is launching a "Global Mercy Armada" program. This year the destination is the Lau Group Fiji. We are looking for volunteers.

Please see:
www.seamercy.org/GMA

Please contact me if you have any suggestions.

Yours,

Jonathan Robinson
s/v CHEZ NOUS

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
To read about the mission of Sea Mercy in the Pacific, please view the pdf below.

[attachment=325]RDU580NZPacificFrontcover.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=326]RDU580NZPacificP21.pdf[/attachment]

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Attachments
RDU580NZPacificFrontcover.jpg (304 views, 49.00 KB)
RDU580NZPacificP21.pdf (291 views, 419.00 KB)
mrsannelloyd
mrsannelloyd
New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We plan to head to Fiji and the N Lau in June this year [at present]. We are a 43 ft sloop with limited space for extra pax, but is there something we can usefully do?
We met a Sea Mercy Catamaran last year in Fiji but they had 8/9 US medical staff on board

Will our visit be a help or burden given recent events
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
It is best to contact Jonathan Robinson directly. Most non-medical personnel in Vanuatu were involved in rebuilding infrastructure -- water cisterns, buildings, etc. There seemed to be plenty to do for handy people. Fiji may be in the same situation.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search