Reunion Island - food restrictions

Author
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Reunion restrictions on food on board from Mauritius & Rodrigues where they have Foot & Mouth.
Just in case anyone is sailing this way across the Indian Ocean, here is what I found.

My frozen meat that I bought in Darwin with labels on showing "Fanny Bay Gourmet meats" was fine. I kept that.

All fresh fruit & veg was taken. We didn’t have much.
Milk & cheese would be taken - although I was allowed to keep my UHT milk from Darwin. They missed a pack of cheese at the bottom of the fridge!

They are mainly after anything that was bought in Rodrigues & Mauritius. If you can prove that the food was from another place you have a good chance of keeping it.

They had a reasonable look around and opened cupboards & looked under obvious floor openings. Clearly there are were many places on board that they did not look!

Have a safe trip,

Chris Price
SV Rhumb Runner
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search