Cuba Rally - 10th February 2017

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Be part of the first ever OCC rally to Cuba. Visiting Hemingway Marina, then heading East in March to marina Gaviota Varadero, the Keys of Jardines del Rey Archipelago where you can anchor in paradise, then on to Marina Vita and our final destination which we are negotiating is Sotavento for our dispatch from Cuba to the Bahamas. The Rally starts 10th February, with the full support of Cuba authorities, Hemingway marina and the UK Embassy in Cuba since this would be the second Rally into Cuba since the beginning of the century they are keen to promote sailing to and in Cuba.

If you are interested in joining our fabulous Inaugural rally please email me as soon as possible to register. Suzanne.chappell@icloud.com

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Aviva (Past OCC Member)
Aviva
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Past Members
Can Americans go on this rally? How long will the rally be in Cuba? Where are you leaving from?

Thanks,
Dorothy Mammen
s/v Aviva
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
The Cuba Rally has been cancelled for 2017. Please contact Suzanne Chappell for further information.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
archive
archive
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Daria,
This is not directly linked to the cancelled rally, but for some reason I cannot open a new topic ...
Do you know if berth reservations are allowed in Cuba ?
We are a French couple, currently cruising in the Carribean on a Garcia monohull 47’.
Our plan is to reach Cuba in late March 2017. With family flying in from France in early April, I would like to make sure that we can leave the boat in a secured marina (either in Cienfuegos or Trinidad), so that we can visit the island with no worry.
Cienfuegos and Trinidad are attractive locations for us, as we would get to Habana / Marina Hemingway later in May.
Is there a way to make advanced berth reservation there ? So far neither Cienfuegos nor Trinidad has replied my emails.
Thanks / Best regards, Michel.
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
Cruising World has announced a Rally to Cuba in April 2017.
http://www.cruisingworld.com/destination-cuba

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
Hi Michel,
I suggest you contact Port Officer in Trinidad Jesse James. He can definitely help.
Daria

Vice Commodore, OCC 
archive
archive
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Daria, will do !
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search