AGM X1 Android smartphone/phablet

Author
David Tyler
New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I recently bought an AGM X1 smartphone, intended for outdoorsy kind of use, rugged and waterproof to IP68, which is a great feature to have on a cruising boat( I've already had mine swilling about in seawater in the bottom of the tender, without damage!).
I find that I can keep it charged very easily using a USB 2.1A plug in a 12 V socket, whereas that setup doesn't keep up with the demands of my iPad.
I've added a LifeActiv mount to it so that I can fix it on the bulkhead next to the charging socket, and added a belt clip with a short webbing loop so that I don't drop it when hand-held, and a long webbing loop so that I can sling it around my neck.
It's performing very well as my small boat's chartplotter, my music centre (the speaker is good enough not to need headphones, when bulkhead-mounted so that sound is reflected back), and of course my communications device.(phone, SMS, email, FB, internet).
I got mine from a source on eBay.co.UK at about £280, about half the cost of an iPhone, for an equally able and better-protected phone.
edited by David Tyler on 5/30/2017
edited by David Tyler on 5/30/2017
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search