Canal Transit

Author
rachelle.turk
I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)
Group: Administrators
In Panama I used an agent for the Canal transit and all the leaving paperwork. He organised all payments, check them closely as a lot were included in the Transit fee. This was Match Ship who had looked after the World ARC 9 years ago. His English is poor and he is not good at returning calls, though he does lend a local phone with credit on it, a real bonus, but he is also expensive and not at all sure of the Galapagos regulations. ( I have just chatted with a solo sailor in a 24 footer who was charged $200 more for the transit than published, so check it). He insisted that the fumigation certificate and the hull cleaning certificate supplied at $200 each were good on entry, they are not so get the hull cleaned if you wish but it will be checked on arrival and you will be fumigated. The official Transit fees for up to 50 ft is $800 and $1300 above that. If you are over 65 ft then you get a pilot not an advisor. Pilots are readily available but Advisors are not so delay of up to 3 weeks.
Hugh Pilsworth
Blue Flyer
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search