Marina Pescaderia in Puerto Rico

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Good morning!

Just a quick note to let you know that Marina Pescadería, located in the Bay of Puerto Real in the west coast town of Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico, resisted the fury of Maria majestically. Structurally all docks are safe and sound. Dock boxes and wooden slip bumpers were lost here and there and some other minor damages, but nothing major. We even got water yesterday which quickly prompted for a marina BBQ with our clients! The real downside is the lack of electricity and internet/phones which hinder us from providing the neat service we are accustomed to. Nevertheless, recent progress have led us to believe we should be getting that back soon too.

On the bright side, we have been receiving both gasoline and diesel at the fuel dock which have helped us serve our clients and the community on that regard. It may take a couple of weeks/months to get back to where we were before Maria but we, and the Puerto Real community, is doing its best to speed up the process.

We at Marina Pescadería are ready to receive our cruisers or any other vessel that might need to access Puerto Rico through the west coast.

Sincerely,
Jose Mendez
edited by DariaBlackwell on 10/1/2017

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search