Of General Interest

Author
Dick
Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,
For those cruising with children (and all of us interested in the possibilities of cruising widely) I wanted to flag an extra-ordinary family we met and spent time with in Iceland last summer. They are Dario and Sabine with their 6 children on Pachamama (Inca for Mother Earth). Their mission is to “inspire youth to save our planet”, but they accomplish so much more. Dario is a climatologist and International Mountain Guide and, with Sabine, have been ingeniously combined their passions into a family life that, somewhat magically, seems to draw in everyone around them: whether lone couple cruisers or school children in remote villages in Greenland. They have well over 100,000 miles of wandering around the globe and their videos of family outings doing so are both entertaining and inspirational. The latest video, unfortunately, shows the family and boat being battered while docked in a freak early fall storm in Iceland. The family was safe but the boat damaged.
I could go on, but I realize all I could say is better said (and seen) on their web site: https://toptotop.org/.
Our best to all, Dick & Ginger Stevenson, s/v Alchemy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search