Crew Position sought for YSP Applicant

Author
rachelle.turk
I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Cathal Mac Reamoinn (male, 23) of Ireland has applied to the Club for crew position via our Youth Sponsorship Programme (details below). If you are interested in offering Cathal a crew position please contact Shaun Peck or the Secretary.

Sailing Experience:
15 Years sailing experience (8-23) ISA sailing instructor: Founder of Mayo Sailing Club Team racing National Team racing competitor Dublin Institute of Technology Team racing captain Club Cruiser racing 5 years ( primarially Beneteau 473 and Beneteau 423) Club Dingy Racing 8 years (various including 420, Laser, Topaz) Fiberglass boat repairs.

Personal Statement:
Coming from the west of Ireland, the Mayo sailing club was the ideal introduction to the world of sailing. There was no solemnity the club was warm and welcoming when you couldn't afford a new wetsuit or a lifejacket someone found you a spare one. Everyone helped each other. This is perfect up until a point. Once you want to get into ocean cruising and racing this doesn't work. No one has a 70 foot ocean cruiser to spare. Sailing is a sport that offers you experiences that a fraction of the population get to experience. This is even more true for ocean cruising and racing. Breaking into the world of Ocean cruising can be extremely expensive especially without any solid experience already gathered. Having raced at the Vovlo Ocean race club boat racing in 2012 I was Fortunate enough to be invited aboard the Puma racing boat for a blast around the bay , allowed helm and become a part of the crew . As a 17 year old aboard the pinnacle of sailing engineering and seeing a crew work with absolute efficiency and seeing the determination and passion that they had for the sport was absolutely inspiring. Since then I have longed for an opportunity to help complete a ocean cruise or race and would love to afforded the opportunity. Having been trained by Noelle Doran, Cleanliness and tidiness were impressed upon me in all aspects of the boat not only to ensure efficiency during a race but also to ensure safety. Not only would I be able to be an extremely competent and passionate crew member on board but I would also be able to provide videography of the trip. Having completed video work for CBS, ABC, RTE, the Irish Sailing association, and the IRFU and help highlight not only the joy of sailing for other potential people looking to join the sport, but also show the opportunities that the ocean cruising club can provide. Thank you , Cathal Mac Reamoinn
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search