The US North East SSB net

Author
George.Curtis2
New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)
Group: Past Members
The US North East SSB net is now operating daily at 0730 EDT (0830 Atlantic time in Nova Scotia) on 4045 kHz USB. We aim to cover the area from Cape Cod to Newfoundland. I 'm broadcasting from a marina environment in Nova Scotia, which is not ideal in terms of interference, but we have had good propogation into Penobscot Bay. So far only 2 participants each day, so for you SSB fundis there 's now a reason for you to get out of bed and join in!
Bill Balme
Bill Balme
Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Have been listening in at the appointed hour - but up to now have not been able to hear you. Mind you, we 're in a marina too (too much of the time). Glad to hear it 's up and running and if you can reach around towards Newport, RI, that would be nice!

Bill Balme
s/v Toodle-oo!

John Franklin
John Franklin
Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)
Hi Bill
I started on 23 June, broadcasting from Mahone Bay NS. Since then I have spoken to Blue Highway at Block Island, Bluewater and Panacea in Penobscot Bay. Camioneta (also in Mahone Bay) spoke to Scallywag II yesterday in Rhode Island. Propagation has been very variable. We had to be hauled again today so I shall be off the air 3 and 4 July but Camioneta will take over net control. We hope to leave the marina 4 July so signal strength should be better from then on. Hang in there - it will get better! John
Unconditional1
Unconditional1
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
We expect to cruise to Maine late July '14, then over & up to Halifax 1st week in August. Do you expect to have your US North East SSB Net up & running again this year?
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (619 reputation)Forum Expert (619 reputation)Forum Expert (619 reputation)Forum Expert (619 reputation)Forum Expert (619 reputation)Forum Expert (619 reputation)Forum Expert (619 reputation)Forum Expert (619 reputation)Forum Expert (619 reputation)
Group: Administrators
I understand Frances Rennie is approaching Max Fletcher to run this net this year. Do contact Frances though if you would like to run it.
Simon
John Franklin
John Franklin
Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)
I normally used to run and organise this net when I was cruising in Maine but am no longer in the area. Last season it was run by Mary Velaque (iWanda)and I think she will be carrying it on this year. Please contact Mary or Doug Bruce who is Regional Rear Commodore NE USA for 2014 arrangements.

John Franklin
Commodore
John Franklin
John Franklin
Tom
If you want any cruising information on Nova Scotia, please let me know. If you have the time you should go much further north than Halifax! Also contact OCC Port Officers in Shelborne, Mahone Bay and Halifax/Jeddore.

I have a very comprehensive set of paper charts of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland for sale if you are interested.

Also have advice on local yards if you want to over-winter there and carry on exploring this wonderful cruising ground the next season.

John
Unconditional1
Unconditional1
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
John,
For 1-more year, free time is the bane of the working guy (me). 40-years ago I drove throughout Nova Scotia as my Father 's folks were born in Hailfax & Guysborough County. 2014 is just a boat familiarization sail and a tune-up for the ARC-Europe crossing, as my wife has only done 2-overnights.
I 'll be wintering nearby in MD/VA prior to the early May ARC-Europe departure. I think that it will not be before 2019 that I get back to seriously explore Nova Scotia & beyond. I certainly will get back to you in February as I firm up my plans THANKS!!
:)
Tom (& Sara) Hughes
S/V Unconditional
Oyster 49/09
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search