Cruising from Florida to the Abacos

Author
John Morfit
New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

We are new owners of an Atlantic 47 catamaran, Ashling, and we're about to embark on our first cruise. We'll depart in the 1st week of April from Stuart FL, traveling to Green Turtle Cay, and then Marsh Harbor to pickup some family. We'll head up to our new home port, Deale MD. We'd love to hear from others familiar with the Abacos, or just get in touch.

The picture is not of Ashling, but is a very similar A47.

Alexis and John
edited by John.Morfit on 3/23/2018
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Group: Administrators
John
Be sure to register her new name with the OCC Fleet Map when you take possesssion.
Simon
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Congratulations John and Alexis! We loved the Abacos, so distinct among the Bahamas. Alas it was too long ago for any of our information to be reliable, but our favourite islands were Green Turtle and Man-of-War. The loyalist traditions are still strong there and the boat building on Man-of-War is truly an art. The beaches on some of the islands are magnificent. I believe Noname Cay is still uninhabited except by swimming pigs.

I kept a boat in Oxford for a number of years and sailed the Chesapeake from top to bottom. Deale is a great place to call home. Sounds like a good plan overall.

Have a great passage and cruise!

Daria
edited by DariaBlackwell on 3/25/2018

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search