Tahiti

Author
rachelle.turk
I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Initially we anchored the boat in a bay on the east coast. I am unable to find a name for it.
The entrance is easy and well marked with greens and reds, so no problems there. Pushing on into the bay through the narrow entrance opens out into a wide and long bay with depths of 35m plus. On the south side is a small village with a dock and a restaurant with good food. You can anchor there in about 15m behind a marked reef.
After lunch we motored back towards the entrance, but turned south into a cut sheltered by a sand island. You need to keep an eye on depths here and sand spits stick out. The cut is a pass and is marked with buoys as well.
We anchored for a very peaceful night in about 10m in good holding sand.
Next day we sailed round to Fare. Picked up one of about half a dozen moorings belonging to the Huahine Yacht Club, a bar and restaurant with a dinghy dock. Good food and cold beer with a happy hour.
The town is small with a good supermarket, 2 banks, a pharmacy and a range of small shops.
Being on the Lee side we all found the nights warm and sleep difficult. Also there are mossies around.

All in all a good stopover on a lovely island.

Hugh Pilsworth,
BlueFlyer.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search