ENTRY IN GREECE -Transit Log and Taxes

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
[font=inherit]

From Dimitris Liaroutsos via FB:
I entered Greece on the 2nd May 2018.
French flag vessel, 47 ft
The Transit Log (called DEKPA) was issued easily and it took 1hour including walking to the near by Tax Office (50euros) in Argostoli Cephalonia, plus 15euros entry fee. Mind you as I have also Greek nationality they usually give me a lot of trouble.
I did not pay any taxes and the law has not been passed yet.
As stated in previous post, my opinion remains the same «it will not be applied during 2018»... but It is Greece you never know.
Please do not enter a port other than entry port. A Dutch fellow who entered via a non entry port was going to pay a fine of 1000euros finally the Coast Guard did not fine him.

Remember if the boat you are sailing it is not yours you may have to show a letter or a proxy by the owner.
Also be careful if you charter your boat and you have not declared it the fine is very heavy. Every week they are catching boats involved in illegal chartering.
I am not in a position to tell you if the law for non EU vessels has changed. I will revert

[/font]

[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]

[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

Vice Commodore, OCC 
bwallace
bwallace
Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
[quote=Daria Blackwell][font=inherit]

From Dimitris Liaroutsos via FB:
I entered Greece on the 2nd May 2018.
French flag vessel, 47 ft
The Transit Log (called DEKPA) was issued easily and it took 1hour including walking to the near by Tax Office (50euros) in Argostoli Cephalonia, plus 15euros entry fee. Mind you as I have also Greek nationality they usually give me a lot of trouble.
I did not pay any taxes and the law has not been passed yet.
As stated in previous post, my opinion remains the same «it will not be applied during 2018»... but It is Greece you never know.
Please do not enter a port other than entry port. A Dutch fellow who entered via a non entry port was going to pay a fine of 1000euros finally the Coast Guard did not fine him.

Remember if the boat you are sailing it is not yours you may have to show a letter or a proxy by the owner.
Also be careful if you charter your boat and you have not declared it the fine is very heavy. Every week they are catching boats involved in illegal chartering.
I am not in a position to tell you if the law for non EU vessels has changed. I will revert

[/font]

[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]
[font=inherit]

[/font]
[/font]
[/font][/quote]
bwallace
bwallace
Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)
Amazing, I am anchored at Argostoll Cephalonia. Awaiting to check in on Monday, the authorities we have spoken to seem quite relaxed and said if we want to move on, check in at the next port of entry. We will stay until Tuesday-as now found Monday is a holiday. Let’s hope it as simple as you found it.
Brian S/V Darramy. (Uk vessel)
bwallace
bwallace
Yes it was easy. Laid back but business like.
Let’s go and explore the Ionian!
Brian
S/V Darramy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search