Fiji: Port Denerau

Author
rachelle.turk
I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)I'm into this (368 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Port Denerau became an official port of entry to Fiji recently.
I booked 3 nights in advance from Tonga, this includes filling out and emailing a 7 page advance notice of arrival form, copy to the marina makes life easier on arrival.
As it happens there was no room on any fingers so I was put on the last available mooring at Fiji$25 per night. I was approx 100 metres from the waterfront cafes, bars, etc with a dinghy dock to tie up on.
I arrived at about 11 as instructed by the marina on channel 14, and was informed all the officials would arrive at 12, they did! Very pleasant and efficient too, all done in about 15 minutes.
Fees were Fiji$165 for customs and $320 for garbage, Bio Security, etc. As I didn’t have enough cash they were happy for me to pay at the marina office after a trip of about 50 metres to an ATM. The official walked over to the office to collect the cash.
There are no exit costs other than mooring fees.
The marina has a good travel lift and hard stand at reasonable costs, with power wash too.
Baobab Engineering is an excellent on site company with Yanmar and Mercury agencies amongst others.
I used Ravmarine, note the name, to check out a VHF problem, and it seems to be OK.
The marina has all the usual facilities and despite being full up and high season we’re very helpful.

Cheers,
Hugh Pilsworth,

BlueFlyer.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
rachelle.turk - 14 Jun 2018

Login