Rhode Island/Long Island Sound to the Azores

Author
Lori.Muller
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, we are new to the OCC. Paul and Lori on Imagine 2 (Squared) will be leaving from Block Island, Rhode Island in May/June of this year, 2019. We will be staged in Connecticut waiting for the best weather window for the crossing. We have had quite a few experiences with "Buddy Boating" while sailing in the Caribbean and Central America for three years. If there is any interest in doing a crossing at that time, please contact us.
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Lori
I am not sure if you are on the OCC FaceBook group but I see a new group has been set up for OCC members Crossing west to east this year. It looks like the group has 35 members. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/599226073871529/?ref=share

Simon
edited by simoncurrin on 2/4/2019
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)
Hi Lori and Paul,
Welcome to the OCC: it has a great group of people and provides many benefits for cruisers besides. I have spent, over the decades, probably a total of months in the BI anchorage of Great Salt Pond and cut my "ocean" cruising eye teeth coming from the Race to the BI CG station entrance: too often in the fog.
I hope you find others going across the pond at about the same time. We have often done passages with groups of boats as we are often looking for the same weather window to depart on. Setting up SSB skeds is often a fun thing to look forward to and break up the day (now that Herb is no longer doing weather) and can be a help if things go a little pear shaped. Besides, after a day or two at sea, it is nice to know you have company.
Have a great passage.
My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy
John Bell
John Bell
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Lori and Paul,
We are almost what you’re looking for. We will be departing the east coast in mid-May (5/14 ish) for Bermuda, and then proceeding on to the Azores about May 25th. I say almost what you’re after because we are home ported in Bristol, RI; but will be departing the U.S. from St. Augustine, Florida. Please let us know if you’re timing works to meet in Bermuda
Best,
John Bell
S/V Moon Shadow
Lori.Muller
Lori.Muller
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
We are not going to Bermuda, we are leaving directly from Long Island Sound/Rhode Island when we get a weather window (around end of May/beginning of June) and go directly to Azores. We can keep in touch we have an SSB and a Garmin In Reach.

Lori.Muller
Lori.Muller
Thank you I’m going to look at that now.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search