Best Yard for Antifouling

Author
gmander
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I’m currently in The Canary Islands and maybe heading up towards Gibraltar during April or May. At some time during the next few weeks I’ll need to haul out for antifouling. But I’m flexible on dates and locations. It could be anywhere between Canaries and Gibraltar including where I am now, Morocco, Gibraltar, S Spain, Ceuta, or even Madeira, Azores.
I guess I’m looking for the best compromise between quality and cost. Ocean Gem weighs around 15 tons when full so this would exclude yards without a decent lift.
Any advice from members who’ve used yards they would recommend would be gratefully accepted.
edited by gmander on 2/25/2019
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)
Hi Gmander,
I have had substantial work over 2 seasons separated by 5 years at Sopromar boatyard in Lagos, Portugal. They have done reasonable to excellent work at reasonable prices and could do bottom paint with ease and have a big travellift. Write if you decide to go as I have more info on the yard and the marina and the area.
My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy
Bernhard Sobotta
Bernhard Sobotta
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Dick - 2/25/2019
Hi Gmander,I have had substantial work over 2 seasons separated by 5 years at Sopromar boatyard in Lagos, Portugal. They have done reasonable to excellent work at reasonable prices and could do bottom paint with ease and have a big travellift. Write if you decide to go as I have more info on the yard and the marina and the area.My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy

Hi Dick, I am looking for a boatyard experienced with Coppercoat either in Portugal or Atlantic Spain. Should be able to haul a cat 6.7 m beam.  Also need a Volvo saildrive repaired plus Gelcoat repais and deck polish... Any idea whether Sopromar does Coppercoat? Many thanks and happy cruising!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search