The US Administration Halts Travel to Cuba

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Private American vessels and cruise ships are no longer permitted to visit Cuba.

“Cruise ships, as well as recreational and pleasure boats, are prohibited from departing the U.S. on temporary sojourn to Cuba effective tomorrow,” the Commerce Department said in a statement to The Associated Press. The statement was issued on June 4 and gave 24 hours notice about the ban.

U.S. National Security Adviser John Bolton declared Cuba part of a “troika of tyranny ” along with Nicaragua and Venezuela. He said the new policy is intended to deny the Cuban government a vital source of revenue.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (899 reputation)Forum Expert (899 reputation)Forum Expert (899 reputation)Forum Expert (899 reputation)Forum Expert (899 reputation)Forum Expert (899 reputation)Forum Expert (899 reputation)Forum Expert (899 reputation)Forum Expert (899 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Daria Blackwell - 6/7/2019
Private American vessels and cruise ships are no longer permitted to visit Cuba.

“Cruise ships, as well as recreational and pleasure boats, are prohibited from departing the U.S. on temporary sojourn to Cuba effective tomorrow,” the Commerce Department said in a statement to The Associated Press. The statement was issued on June 4 and gave 24 hours notice about the ban.

U.S. National Security Adviser John Bolton declared Cuba part of a “troika of tyranny ” along with Nicaragua and Venezuela. He said the new policy is intended to deny the Cuban government a vital source of revenue.

Hi Daria, Thanks for finding and posting these various and random information bits of interest to cruisers. Dick Stevenson
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search