Graciosa

Author
russell.hall
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Has anyone recently had any success at the marina or the anchorage on Graciosa? I have applied but been informed 'there is no room for you' however I understand this is the standard response. 
Has anyone recently just turned up and managed to stay?
Thank you,
Russell
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
russell.hall - 9/3/2019
Has anyone recently had any success at the marina or the anchorage on Graciosa? I have applied but been informed 'there is no room for you' however I understand this is the standard response. 
Has anyone recently just turned up and managed to stay?
Thank you,
Russell

Hi Russell,
I anchored there for 2-3 nights way back in 2006 before there was a marina. There were big boulders in the anchoring field (think VW car size) on the bottom and you needed to be careful when the wind shifted to not get wrapped around one of these and short-scoped. The island was terrific and they had the best bull “fight” of the archipelago that we saw.
My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search