Cruisers Travel Insurance

Author
P
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Having been insured with P J Hayman for long stay travel cover since early 2017 we have been told that the policy which was done in association with Pantaenius yacht insurance is no longer available, Premiums with other insurers is more than 3 times the premium with many additional exclusions. Have others in the OCC found alternatives
bwallace
bwallace
Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)
Hello Pete,
Not sure of your country, we are U.K., we use Blue Fin through Bishop Skinner, they do a policy to cover most parts of Cruising. We only take Medical and Repatriation, non of the other extras that are a non option with other companies.
Give them a call, we have found them to be helpful and efficient.

Cheers
Brian
SV Darramy in the Eastern Peloponnesus
Kath
Kath
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Have you looked at Pantaenius Personal Accident Insurance?

I’ve just asked them for a quote - option 3 costs £123.75 vs £1,400 we have been paying to Bluefin. Sure the cover is less but it is adequate (for us).

Kath

Pete Dearden
P
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Kath - 9/8/2019
Have you looked at Pantaenius Personal Accident Insurance?I’ve just asked them for a quote - option 3 costs £123.75 vs £1,400 we have been paying to Bluefin. Sure the cover is less but it is adequate (for us).Kath
Thanks for your info. I will check this out but I did want sickness cover included if possible. I have found one at £744 for the 2 of us which although higher than last year is cheaper than most.
Thanks Pete
bwallace - 9/7/2019
Hello Pete,
Not sure of your country, we are U.K., we use Blue Fin through Bishop Skinner, they do a policy to cover most parts of Cruising. We only take Medical and Repatriation, non of the other extras that are a non option with other companies.
Give them a call, we have found them to be helpful and efficient.

Cheers
Brian
SV Darramy in the Eastern Peloponnesus

Hi Brian.
We are cruising the Caribbean so require worldwide excl USA. Europe is far cheaper but I will check out Blue Fin.
Thanks. Pet

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search