NOAA to Discontinue Paper and Raster Charts

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
What was originally announced several years ago is now being extended. NOAA plans to stop producing traditional paper charts and resize present ENC into a gridded format. The phase-out will start in mid- to late-2020 and be completed by January 2025. This process includes replacing 1,200 irregular ENC cells on 130 different scales with a standardized grid system and set of 12 standard scales.  NOAA will still provide access to paper chart products based on ENC data, either through third-party vendors or through the NOAA Custom Chart system (now in prototype phase). The online NOAA Custom Chart (NCC) application lets users create their own paper charts with NOAA ENC data. The user can define the scale and size of custom-made nautical charts, then download them in a special PDF format. Beta users are asked to provide feedback

Sunsetting Traditional NOAA Paper Charts

End of Paper and Raster Nautical Chart Production
Introduction of NOAA Custom Charts

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search