Abacos WELCOMING volunteers by boat

Author
Jayme.Okma.Lee
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
If you love the Abacos and want to help please consider doing so!  It is correct that the Bahamas Government is discouraging boats IN GENERAL from coming the Abacos.  However, the local communities are in fact welcoming boaters who are able and willing to work as volunteers.  Me and my family sailed to Man-O-War Cay and are working on our property and in the community.  While it is a disaster zone, there are all basic needs for boaters available - including food, fuel and some water.  If you're volunteering there are even more resources available - including free lunch and dinner (at least on Man-O-War Cay).  If you're interested in volunteering and arriving by boat I would recommend contacting me (jokmalee@gmail.com) or the local communities.  You can also donate to www.mowrelief.com

Man-O-War has a fully operational and fully stocked grocery store!  You can find out more through Facebook Groups such as: Man-O-War, Bahamas Bulletin and Man-O-War Dorian Volunteers.

The communities of Hope Town, Green Turtle, Great Guana and Man-O-War absolutely need and want your help and support. It's best to contact the local community first before arriving if you're looking to volunteer. 

Please comment your questions below!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search