Oyster 55 (Holman & Pye)

Author
Rod Halling
New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi All, 

My wife and I recently (May 2019) purchased a 1995 Oyster 55 - Magic Dragon. We are in the process of preparing her for a circumnavigation with our three young children, with a departure date of May 2021. If anybody would like to swap Oyster 55 info or just have a general chat, please post!

Wishing everyone a lovely Christmas,

Rod​​​​​​​
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rod.Halling - 12/18/2019
Hi All, 

My wife and I recently (May 2019) purchased a 1995 Oyster 55 - Magic Dragon. We are in the process of preparing her for a circumnavigation with our three young children, with a departure date of May 2021. If anybody would like to swap Oyster 55 info or just have a general chat, please post!

Rod

Hi Rod,
How exciting!
It would be of interest to many if you documented your planned projects to bring an almost 25 year-old boat with good bones into circumnavigation readiness.
It may sound like I am just adding to your work load, but I would suggest, that in the writing up, you will fine tune your ideas and plans.
Please also feel free to bring the questions you might encounter to the Forum.
My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy

Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Rod.Halling - 12/18/2019
Hi All, 

Rod

Rod,
We have a Bowman 57 ketch built in 1976. She was designed by Holman & Pye before they went on to design Oysters. She's a great boat and we have a really good Facebook group  and page for Bowman 57 owners. We have almost every Bowman 57 built represented in the group. We have shared many original documents and lots of ideas. If you don't get traction here, you might try Facebook. 

Happy New Year and happy sailing!

Daria

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search