OCC Lecture Bahamas by Pam Wall

Author
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Pam's talk gives great detail on preparing the boat for warm waters, crossing the Gulf Stream and cruising the Bahamas. In addition to the embedded talk Pam has also provided a download and some pictures of a restoration project in Man of War Bay which is seeking funds. See lower down in this post (below the embedded video).

I am attaching a photo of the lovely WILLIAM H. ALBURY, the historic Schooner that was built on Man-O-War in the Abacos. She sunk in the Eastern Harbor and they need funds to restore her. I really want to help with that project so I have attached a few photos of the WILLIAM H. ALBURY (he was the man who built her back in the mid 1960) with her sailing, and another really sad photo of her sunk in MOW, and lastly at The Albury Boat Yard in MOW hoping to be restored.  Also you will see on Page 3 of my handout, a couple of links to help with this project and to help with MOW reconstruction. I hope that is alright.

Attachments
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,
I just read that Pam Wall is delivering a talk on going to the Bahamas and, just hearing that, I start jones-ing to sail there again.
Not only is the Bahamas one of the premier cruising destinations in the world, but you are getting introduced to the Bahamas by a woman who has seen most of the world’s superb cruising destinations by boat. She also feels that the Bahamas is one of the best cruising areas in the world and she should know as she lives right across the Gulf Stream from the Bahamas and has sailed there too many times to count.
She has been speaking about the Bahamas for many years and in many locations. Hearing her talk will not only be a huge leg up in approaching what can occasionally be a challenging cruising ground, but will leave the listener longing for the time where that crystal clear water is beckoning one for a swim and a snorkel.
My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy

Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dick
If you click the picture at the top of the post then a video of Pam’s talk will play. She gave a great presentation and exuded enthusiasm. Can’t wait to get there.
Simon

Dick - 6/28/2020
Hi all,
I just read that Pam Wall is delivering a talk on going to the Bahamas and, just hearing that, I start jones-ing to sail there again.
Not only is the Bahamas one of the premier cruising destinations in the world, but you are getting introduced to the Bahamas by a woman who has seen most of the world’s superb cruising destinations by boat. She also feels that the Bahamas is one of the best cruising areas in the world and she should know as she lives right across the Gulf Stream from the Bahamas and has sailed there too many times to count.
She has been speaking about the Bahamas for many years and in many locations. Hearing her talk will not only be a huge leg up in approaching what can occasionally be a challenging cruising ground, but will leave the listener longing for the time where that crystal clear water is beckoning one for a swim and a snorkel.

Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Simon Currin - 6/28/2020
Dick
If you click the picture at the top of the post then a video of Pam’s talk will play. She gave a great presentation and exuded enthusiasm. Can’t wait to get there.
Simon

Dick - 6/28/2020
Hi all,

Hi Simon, Thanks for the heads up. I thought it was an upcoming event. Everything I said still applies. Dick
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search