HMRC Announce 6-month extension on Returned Goods Relief Period

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
From an RYA Press Release dated 25 March 2021:
"HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) have today announced a 6-month extension to the 1-year grace period previously put in place by the Government. The announcement follows concerted representations from the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) and British Marine asking for a 3-year transition period. Both organisations have consistently pointed out that the 1-year period of grace effective from 1 January 2021 in respect of the three-year condition for RGR was not sufficient. They have helped HMRC officials to understand the many factors that affect the repatriation of vessels, including, global pandemic travel restrictions, the Schengen area immigration restrictions, insurance restrictions and the length of sailing season.

If you are an RYA member and have any questions regarding this or any other current affair issues, please visit the Current Affairs page on the RYA website or email: cruising@rya.org.uk. Please note, that we are currently working to update the post-Brexit advice on the RYA web pages."

OCC welcomes any members who are also members of RYA to post updates here.

For the full press release, please click here:
https://www.rya.org.uk/newsevents/news/Pages/RYA-AND-BRITISH-MARINE-WELCOME-EXTENSION-TO-RETURNED-GOODS-RELIEF-GRACE-PERIOD.aspx?utm_campaign=RYA%20Cruising%20News%20-%20April%202021&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_content=&utm_medium=email

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search