Emergency Offshore Medical Course - Annapolis October 2021

Author
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi Simon and all,
This course is worth every bit of time and money it demands. Ginger and I took this course with Jeff 20 years ago and we still refer to the principles with some regularity. And his book is superb and augments his course and we use it as a periodic “refresher”.
I have reviewed other courses as they have been referred to here and there, and all have failed to meet the standards set by Jeff’s course all those years ago. The failings of other courses include (often) that they are predicated on having access to skilled medical professionals (and facilities) within a few hours. Or there is a dependence on calling the “home” base for guidance: often wise but not always possible. And then there are the courses which are directed more to those mariners who are professional mariners and who often have access to extensive medical supplies/facilities and institutions to support them by phone.
Jeff’s is a true Wilderness Medical Emergency Medicine course and this is a rare opportunity. He has been practicing wilderness medicine for a long time and brings a great deal of hands-on; been-there-done-that, experience to the table.
Simon, if there is interest, I can contact Jeff and determine if there is a cap on the number of participants. Those who have expressed interest in prior Forum streams might be contacted directly in case they miss your posting.
My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search