Cape Verde - Tanger

Author
gregg marston
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have just returned (may 30, 2023) home from a passage from Tanger, Morocco to Cape Verde via Las Palmas. I hauled the boat in Tanger last August, returned at the end of April to set sail in early may.

The new marina in Tanger is first rate and VERY secure with cameras and 24/7 security; the sourcing of marine products is NOT good. Las Palmas, as many already know, is a haven for any marine supply, easily accessible from the marina, you will ever need, and has an excellent marine store. The access to the Atlantic is excellent, obviously. I had NO issues with the Orca whales.

My boat is currently in the marina in Mindelo, St. Vicente. The folks are well organized and friendly and ever so helpful for anything you need. It is well kept and seems quite secure with keys required for entry though the door seems ajar a bit too often. I never had to get to the marine store but I am told it is well stocked. I feel secure there vs. the eastern/southern islands. We hiked for five days on st. Antao which is highly recommended. Awesome.

If there are any questions feel free to reach out.

Gregg Marston
S/V Querencia
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search