Raymarine SPX5 problem

Author
owenp
New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear forum members 
I have been using a Raymarine SPX5 course computer to control a tiller drive unit for a good few years until this season the SPX5 board failed (it just failed to work this year , worked fine last year) . So now i dont have an autopilot when motoring. 
From my diagnosis of the problem and talking to the Raymarine service department, It seems the course computer board needs to be replaced. However,  Raymarine do not repair these anymore and also dont sell a replacement as they have been discontinued.
Raymarine have suggested i just go out and buy a whole new course computer and control head !
I was wondering if anyone out there had a spare / obsolete spx5 course computer that they would be willing to sell ? 
any suggestions of course would be great .

al the best

Peter Owens

Wild.Bird
Wild.Bird
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
owenp - 20 Sep 2023
Dear forum members 
I have been using a Raymarine SPX5 course computer to control a tiller drive unit for a good few years until this season the SPX5 board failed (it just failed to work this year , worked fine last year) . So now i dont have an autopilot when motoring. 
From my diagnosis of the problem and talking to the Raymarine service department, It seems the course computer board needs to be replaced. However,  Raymarine do not repair these anymore and also dont sell a replacement as they have been discontinued.
Raymarine have suggested i just go out and buy a whole new course computer and control head !
I was wondering if anyone out there had a spare / obsolete spx5 course computer that they would be willing to sell ? 

al the best

Peter Owens

Hi Peter, there are a couple for sale on ebay in the UK at the moment
Regards
Tim
Sv Wild Bird
owenp
owenp
New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)
Wild.Bird - 21 Sep 2023
owenp - 20 Sep 2023
Dear forum members 

al the best

Peter Owens

Regards
Tim
Sv Wild Bird

Thanks Tim  yes but can you trust these - its a bit of a gamble!
Wild.Bird
Wild.Bird
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
owenp - 21 Sep 2023
Wild.Bird - 21 Sep 2023
owenp - 20 Sep 2023
Dear forum members 

al the best

Peter Owens

Regards
Tim
Sv Wild Bird

Thanks Tim  yes but can you trust these - its a bit of a gamble!

I have had autopilot parts off Ebay and had no problems. You do have an opportunity to test and return if not happy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search