Webinar Topics

Author
Charles.Lenhoff
New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Friends, OCC has 2 upcoming webinars called TILLMAN and SUDDENLY ALONE.  Is there a way to find out a little more information about these?  Thank you. ~Charles
Charles.Lenhoff
Charles.Lenhoff
New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)
Any ideas what topics these webinars will address?
bweigel2@gmail.com
bweigel2@gmail.com
New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Charles.Lenhoff - 30 Nov 2023
Any ideas what topics these webinars will address?

Hello Charles,

I am not sure of the content of the webinar but I can tell you who is presenting.  Specifically,
14/12/23 ‘Tilman’ - Bob Shepton
21/12/23 Suddenly alone - Derrick Thorrington, Veronica Lysaught and Dick Stevenson

I suppose it would be helpful if we published a synopsis with the webinar event notice.  I will pass this along to the person organizing these events. 

Thanks - Bill W
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)Forum Expert (900 reputation)
Charles.Lenhoff - 26 Nov 2023
Friends, OCC has 2 upcoming webinars called TILLMAN and SUDDENLY ALONE.  Is there a way to find out a little more information about these?  Thank you. ~Charles

Hi Charles,
Yes.
As a presenter, as I understand it:
Suddenly Alone was coined by the Cruising Club of America in their effort to ensure that the less experienced member of a 2-person crew recognized the need and developed the skills necessary to bring their vessel safely to port in the event that they were unexpectedly on their own.
This subject is also related to considerations of ensuring safety for couples who go to sea.
There will be 3 different perspectives on the subject.
It is a surprisingly broad topic with, perhaps surprising, benefits for the experienced skipper as well as broader implications for the recreational/pleasure boating community.
Please join us.
Come back with further questions.
My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy

Charles.Lenhoff
Charles.Lenhoff
Dick - 3 Dec 2023

Hi Charles,
Yes.
Suddenly Alone was coined by the Cruising Club of America in their effort to ensure that the less experienced member of a 2-person crew recognized the need and developed the skills necessary to bring their vessel safely to port in the event that they were unexpectedly on their own.
This subject is also related to considerations of ensuring safety for couples who go to sea.
It is a surprisingly broad topic with, perhaps surprising, benefits for the experienced skipper as well as broader implications for the recreational/pleasure boating community.
Please join us.

Thank You Dick.
I have registered for your event and look forward to your presentation.
I'm still curious on what the TILMAN event will be about???
Emily.Winter
E
Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)
Charles.Lenhoff - 10 Dec 2023
Dick - 3 Dec 2023

Hi Charles,
Yes.
Please join us.

Thank You Dick.

Bob Shepton is talking on the subject of  ‘Tilman's Legacy in the Modern Age’.

The link for registering for the upcoming Webinar series is https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_eemgO580Re2IsmtXHztTXw#/registration

Charles.Lenhoff
Charles.Lenhoff
Emily.Winter - 11 Dec 2023
Charles.Lenhoff - 10 Dec 2023
Dick - 3 Dec 2023

Hi Charles,
Yes.
Please join us.

Thank You Dick.

Bob Shepton is talking on the subject of  ‘Tilman's Legacy in the Modern Age’.

The link for registering for the upcoming Webinar series is https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_eemgO580Re2IsmtXHztTXw#/registration

Thank you Emily.
I read Simon's last news letter and was able tu cull that "Rev Bob Shepton. Bob is a tremendously entertaining speaker who will describe both his own adventurous antics and those of his great mentor HW Tilman."
This was not posted on the OCC website, but was very helpful to get a sense of what tbhe presentation will be about.
I've registered and look forward to Bob's sage words of wisdom:)
Robyn.Focazio
Robyn.Focazio
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Are the previous Webinars recorded and posted somewhere?  Today we were told to look on the events page, but I only see future events.  Search has not been my friend either, even though I have logged in.

Emily.Winter
E
Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)
Robyn.Focazio - 4 Jan 2024
Are the previous Webinars recorded and posted somewhere?  Today we were told to look on the events page, but I only see future events.  Search has not been my friend either, even though I have logged in.

Dear Robyn

All webinars are recorded and posted on the OCC website: https://www.oceancruisingclub.org/Webinars

Enjoy!
Emily
Robyn.Focazio
Robyn.Focazio
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Emily.Winter - 5 Jan 2024
Robyn.Focazio - 4 Jan 2024

Dear Robyn

All webinars are recorded and posted on the OCC website: https://www.oceancruisingclub.org/Webinars

Enjoy!
Emily

Thank you!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search