Cockroaches

Author
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)
Group: Administrators
A different type of disaster. Anchored off Floreana in the Galapagos archipelago we discovered9 cockroaches on the deck and one down in the forward heads where wet clothes had been hung to dry after very heavy rain. The other boat in the anchorage was similarly infected.

It seems likely that a swarm of flying cockroaches chose to head seawards after a heavy rain storm and ended up on 2 boats about 100 metres from the shore.

Obviously we fastidiously fumigated and will repeat the exercise in a few weeks in case eggs hatch.

We weren’t aware that airborne cockroach infestation was possible. Is it common?

Simon
Sonia Johal
Sonia Johal
I'm into this (252 reputation)I'm into this (252 reputation)I'm into this (252 reputation)I'm into this (252 reputation)I'm into this (252 reputation)I'm into this (252 reputation)I'm into this (252 reputation)I'm into this (252 reputation)I'm into this (252 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Surprised out in the Galapagos… I’ve only come across them on the water in Asia, particularly the Philippines 🤢

I’m guessing the warmer our climate gets the more prevalent such insects may become…
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search