Navionics charts app for Android/iPad, iPhone

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Has anyone used the UK/Holland Navionics app? I have been trying to download it without success even though the Western Europe app downloaded fine to my HTC. I noted comments about the UK/Holland edition in the android shop that ranged from fantastic (5 stars) to awful (1 star) and wondered what the experience has been among OCC members. The Western Europe app seems very detailed and useful as a backup (tho quite small on my HTC screen) but it does drain battery power pretty quickly with open GPS link.

PS I found it 'curious ' that the Navionics support team didn 't know that Ireland is not a part of the UK. I always thought they were cartographers. I guess they are now programmers.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Daria,
I have no experience with Android but I can confirm that the UK/Holland charts work well on iPad& iPhone.
Simon
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Thanks, Simon. I will persevere!

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Daria,
I notice that Navionics have just released an app update and an apology for the bugs in the last version that caused their apps to be removed from iTunes. So hopefully they have fixed the bug that was causing you problems.
Simon
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search