Immigration into USA when joining a departing boat

Author
timd_chapman
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have been asked to collect a yacht from the Miami Boat Show and take it to another foreign country. I am unsure as to what the documentation requirements will be when entering the United States.
I am a UK passport holder with a B1/B2 visa
Crew members are UK passport holders without visas.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of doing this?
David Tyler
David Tyler
New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I, too, am a UK passport holder with a B1/B2 visa. Several times I have left my boat in the USA and flown back to the UK. On my return, I 've had to fill in an arrival card, with my address while in the USA. I 've written the name of the marina where I left my boat, and told the immigration officer that I 've come back to rejoin my boat, and that has always been readily accepted. I 've always taken my SSR registration document with me, but nobody has ever asked to see it.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search