Shelter Bay Marina

Author
rachelle.turk
I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)
Group: Administrators
I was last here in 2008 with the first World ARC. Then it had 2 walkways, but good facilities.
Now it has 5 walkways and still has good, if not better, facilities, including new washing machines.
On my way in there was someone tracking me on AIS, fortunately. I was quickly told to head for the small green navigation buoy that I hadn't seen! Then I was allocated a berth to suit my electrical plug on the shore power, a simple but excellent service and much appreciated. There is 110 and 230 volt available and it is all 60 Hz only.
I was met at the dock by 2 helpers and efficiently secured and plugged in. There is no charge for water or electricity that I could see. As I'm on E dock the marina charge is $1.10 per foot length per day, so reasonable. There is also a free minibus service to Colon twice a day. Internet is $10 per week for unlimited use, not the best internet but OK.
Check in with the office is quick and easy, only 3 forms, one of which is of course signing any rights you may have away. No cost either.
There is an on site chandlery, tiny, a grocery shop, small and a gym and a swimming pool. Also there is a reasonable restaurant and small hotel in the same building as the office, as well as a crew room with book swap.
All in all not a bad place to wait for your transit.

Hugh Pilsworth,
BlueFlyer.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search