Desserts

Author
fgrennie
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
After Eight Mousse (Serves 4)
234g box After Eight Mints
3 Tbsp Brandy
568ml extra thick double cream

Reserve 8 of the mints.
Put the rest in a small pan with the Brandy and gently heat, stirring occasionally, until the chocolates have melted. (You could also do it in a bowl on top of a pot already on the cooker - saves on gas). Set aside to cool slightly.
Break up the rest of the mints. Put the cream into a bowl and gently fold in the melted chocolate and spoon into four glasses and decorate with the broken mints.
fgrennie
fgrennie
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Brazilian Bananas (Serves 4)
4 Bananas
1 tablespoon rum
1 dessertspoon instant coffee
1 dessertspoon castor sugar
1 carton double cream
browned, flaked almonds

Dissolve the coffee in 1 tablespoon boiling water, add castor sugar and leave until cold.
Peel bananas and slice thickly into a serving dish and sprinkle the rum over them.
Whip the cream and add the cold coffee. Cover the bananas with the coffee flavoured cream and scatter with browned almonds.
fgrennie
fgrennie
Tropical Sundae (Serves 4)
1 fresh pineapple, 2 small bananas sliced, 8 fresh dates, stoned (pitted) and chopped
3 tablespoon dark rum
3 tablespoon apple juice
1 tablespoon coconut flakes, toasted

Cut a slice of the top of the pineapple about 3cm from the leaves and keep the top as a lid. Scoop out the flesh, leaving the pineapple skin as a shell. Chop the flesh, discarding any hard core and place in a bowl and mix with the dates, bananas, rum and apple juice. Toss and chill for at least an hour. Add the toasted coconut and pile back into the shell, top with the lid and serve.
fgrennie
fgrennie
Gooseberry Crisp
1 can of gooseberry pie filling
2 oz butter
2 oz brown sugar
2 oz cornflakes

Spread the pie filling across the base of a flat heatproof dish. Cream the sugar and butter and mix in the cornflakes. Spread evenly across the pie filling and grill (broil) for 2 - 3 minutes.

Any variety of pie filling can be used.
fgrennie
fgrennie
Apple and Marshmallow Sweet

165g pkt marshmallows
300g apple sauce
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Cut the marshmallows into small pieces and place all but about 20g in a saucepan with the apple sauce and cinnamon. Heat gently, stirring until the marshmallows have dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.

Spoon into a serving dish and scatter reserved chopped marshmallows over top.

Other kinds of pureed fruit can be used.
fgrennie
fgrennie
Eastern Promise

12 fresh dates stoned and roughly chopped
2 bananas sliced
1 small can pineapple pieces, drained
4 tbsp creme fraiche

Mix dates with the bananas and pineapple. Spoon into glass serving dishes and top with creme fraiche.
fgrennie
fgrennie
Banana Pudding

Old hard bread
Bananas
1/2 pint milk and 1 egg
Brown Sugar

Butter the bread and cut into squares. Line a baking dish with the bread and cover with 2 layers of bananas. Sprinkle with brown sugar and add more layers of buttered bread and bananas and finish with a layer of bread. Whisk the milk and egg together and pour over the bread until just covered. Sprinkle with a little sugar and bake in a moderate oven until golden brown.
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Frances, I wish I 'd had some of your recipes when several hands of bananas ripened on the same day! :(

Vice Commodore, OCC 
fgrennie
fgrennie
Daria

When I get round to it I have more recipes that I will post with bananas - Banana with fish, banana curry and banana bread. It is a problem when they all ripen at once especially on the boat.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search