Brexit Preparedness Notice - Republic of Ireland

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators

Page 1 of 1
Marine Notice No. 05 of 2020
Notice to all Ship Operators, Fishing Vessel Owners, Seafarers, Fishers, Recreational Craft Users,
Training Providers, Equipment Suppliers and importers

With the ratification of the Withdrawal Agreement, the United Kingdom (UK) left the
European Union (EU), at 11pm on the 31st January 2020.

While the UK will no longer participate in any of the European institutions, the UK will
continue to follow EU rules and in return it will be treated as a member state until the end of
what is known as the transition period. During this transition period, the EU and the UK will
engage in negotiations to determine their future relationship. The status quo will continue
for the duration of the transition period, which, unless extended, is due to end on the 31st
December 2020.

There are no implications for the regulation of the maritime transport sector during the
transition period and national and EU legislation will continue to apply to the UK in the same
way as it does currently. Part 15 of the Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from theEuropean Union (Consequential Provisions) Act 2019 commenced at 11pm on 31st
January 2020. In summary, this provides that references in Irish legislation to a member
state of the EU will continue to include a reference to the UK for the duration of the
transition period.

Irish Maritime Administration,
Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport,
Leeson Lane, Dublin 2, D02 TR60, Ireland.
3 February 2020

For any technical assistance in relation to this Marine Notice, please contact:
The Marine Survey Office, tel: +353-(0)1-678 3400.
For general enquiries, please contact the Maritime Safety Policy Division, tel: +353-(0)1-678 3418.
Written enquiries concerning Marine Notices should be addressed to:
Maritime Safety Policy Division, Dept. of Transport, Tourism and Sport, Leeson Lane, Dublin 2, D02 TR60, Ireland.
email: MarineNotices@dttas.gov.ie or visit us at: www.dttas.gov.ie
Brexit Preparedness Notice

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search