Solar advice

Author
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (623 reputation)Forum Expert (623 reputation)Forum Expert (623 reputation)Forum Expert (623 reputation)Forum Expert (623 reputation)Forum Expert (623 reputation)Forum Expert (623 reputation)Forum Expert (623 reputation)Forum Expert (623 reputation)
Group: Administrators
We are starting to look at the upgrades we need in readiness for a Pacific crossing next year.

Currently we have 2 x sp100 Solbian flexible panels which have been on top of our Bimini for 8 years and appear to be significantly less efficient than they were. I’m looking at replacing them and fitting another 2 on the Bimini as we have the space BUT each panel now costs around US$950! That would means nearly US$4,000 for 400 watts!!

I’ve been looking at the Sun Powered Yachts website https://www.sunpoweredyachts.com/shop and they seem to be selling identical panels ( SunPower® 100W E-flex solar) for US$179 each.

A line by line inexpert comparison of the specifications demonstrates very little difference. What am I missing? How can a seemingly identical panel be more than 5 times more expensive?

Anyway, it looks like we’ll be going with Sun Powered Boats! Any advice welcome.

Simon
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search