OCC Fleet Map

Author
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Ken,
You can post the code for your now boat 's position onto your own blog or website easily enough and it 's free see: http://voyagesofshimshal.blogspot.co.uk/p/where-is-shimshal-at-moment.html?m=1

I just tried to add Badgers Sett to the OCC Fleet but I can 't find it registered on the AIS database. Had the same with a few other boats. If you don 't have an AIS transmitter then the app mAIS will do the same job.
Simon
BadgersSett
BadgersSett
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Simon

Many thanks. But you are dealing with a caveman. I don 't have a Blog, Website or AIS!!!!

I did complete the Google form for the OCC Map yesterday, but have not sent in a position yet, it 's my next task.

I will look into the App. and copy a picture from the wall of our cave!

Cheers

Ken
MaryPhypers
MaryPhypers
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Simon,

Brilliant idea and I 've registered 'Stella 's ' details. I have been using the marineTrafic mAIS app on my iPhone for a couple of years. If you see Stella doing 70kts up the M3, it because I forgot to disable it before driving home!

Many thanks for setting this up...
Cheers
Alan.
neilm
neilm
New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)
Looks good, and works fine for Milvina
Thanks Simon (and any helpers you had) for the effort in putting it all together.
ateale
ateale
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Simon, I think I have done the necessary, and would certainly be interested in providing reports by email and/or tablet app. Alan Teale
SV Kiviuq 235085169
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
OK Alan you are showing up the map. Was this an emailed position report or an AIS one? Just curious as I don 't think anyone other than me have reported their position by email thus far. David has successfully used mAIS.
Simon
ateale
ateale
Hi again Simon, That was an emailed report. Am I understanding correctly that you are thinking about the possibility of providing them directly to the OCC map rather than via Marine Traffic? If so it would be a nice refinement. And many thanks for your efforts on this. Alan
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Alan,
Thank you and I am pleased that emailed position reporting is working OK. We will continue to populate the map from the Marine Traffic database as most are reporting directly by AIS with very few, thus far, by App or email. When I added you to the database I noticed your last ports were Isafjordur and Reykjavic so we have covered the same ground this year. Where next year? We are hoping to get into Scoresby Sound if the ice in NE Greenland allows.
Simon
ateale
ateale
Hi Simon, Kiviuq is wintering in Kip. Next year we plan to come back up to Iceland because we were too late this year to see the best of the birds and the big whales had already left. All being well we would hope to be heading south after Iceland, making for Madeira and then on into the southern hemisphere for a second summer.
Yes, I saw you were in Reykjavik. It 's a good spot and that concert hall is very impressive. And I am thinking of commending the fellow who seems to organise eveyone in Isafjordur to our PO convenor as a possible PO for Iceland.

Incidentally, I don 't get the map this morning when I go to the OCC Fleet page. Have I missed something?

Off to the boat now. I will look for your reply this evening or tomorrow. Have a good day.
Alan
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
So maybe see you in Iceland next year? We are sailing back to Isafjordur in April to go skiing and completely agree that Mugi would be a great PO. Just checked and the OCC Fleet Map is working fine this morning. I think there are occasional issues still with older unsupported browsers but it seems reliable at the moment.
Simon
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search