Westbound Transatlantic SSB Net

Author
chrisdevans
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Past Members
well, we are in sunny Lanzarote (Puerto Calero) and only one other OCC boat seen, and they are not crossing, but heading back to Med.

Anyone else (other than the two of us already on this thread) out there planning to cross in december?

We have only seen one CA burgee here as well, but plenty of ARC flags!!

Great marina at Peurto Calero and brilliant PO, Mel. Could not be more helpful.

Chris
SV Tulu
mervynwheatley
mervynwheatley
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Chris,

I am heading west soon. I am in Brest now and aim to sail on 6 Oct for Bayona and from there to Madeira. I think I will sail from there on about the 25 Oct for, probably, Barbados.

I would be very happy to join a SSB net. Mervyn Wheatley, sy Tamarind
chrisdevans (Past OCC Member)
chrisdevans
Group: Past Members
Hi Mervyn

Good to hear and we wish you a safe and speedy passage.

Sadly, we actually crossed LAST November/December to Barbados as you will note on the dates of the various posts, and are now planning on heading west again through Panama from Grenada where the boat is now! Actually heading with another OCC boat Lochmarin.

Anyway, enjoty the trip and the Caribbean.

Best
Chris
rhowison
rhowison
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

We are sailing west soon and would be pleased part of an OCC net. This week we are in Rabat and plan to move to the Canaries next week. At the moment we have a small group based on yachts which wintered last year at Marina de Regusa, Scilly. Two or three yachts are talking daily at 0700 UT on 6516

Bob and Judy Howison
Kinabalu
9V9072

Others on regularly are Ticketeeboo and Gemini
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search