OCC Fleet Map

Author
ateale
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Simon, Are we thinking of the same person in Isafjordur? The fellow I have in mind is Halldor Sveinbjornsson with the yacht Bella Donna on the pontoons in the yacht harbour. He runs the local kayaking school and does a lot for youth dinghy sailing. I seem to remember we called him Torre when we there. Alan
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Alan,
No I thought you meant Mugi the harbour master who bent over backwards for us. Having said that all Icelandics were incredibly helpful.
Simon
ateale
ateale
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Simon, For one reason or another we never got to meet the Harbour Master. If it 's OK with you I will go ahead with suggesting Halldor, but tell Jenny you may know of a second possibility should things fall through with Halldor.
Incidentally, and if I may ask, if you are on the boat at Brokey how are you managing your internet connection? Alan
Alan
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Alan,
Please do let Jenny know and I will certainly seek Halldor out when we get back to Isafjordur in the Spring.

We did have internet access when we were in Brokey via a Digital Yachts WL510 WiFi amplifier but currently we are at home in the UK with the boat safely tied up in Reykjavik 's Maritime Museum!

Simon
Delphinus
Delphinus
Hi Simon, we are back onboard but our ais (and other boats on this marina) is not showing up on Marine Traffic. I have just registered with mAIS assuming this works differently you should be able to locate us on there.
Peter Forbes
Peter Forbes
How does one update the position manually? Peter forbes
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Peter,
You need to send an email to report@marinetraffic.com set out in the format below. Nothing in the subject bar and then the text. I have inserted your MMSI and current position in the correct decimal format. note the longitude is west of Greenwich thus has a -ve prefix. Time should be UTC.
Simon

MMSI=235099197
LAT=28.09
LON=-15.25
SPEED=0.0
COURSE=110
TIMESTAMP=2015-11-03 23:06
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Jayne,
I am still struggling to find your boat on Marinetraffic.com. I can 't see a UK registered Delphinus nor does it recognise the MMSI. Please can you check the details I have which are: Delphinus   UK   235113599. Alternatively if you can see yourselves on Marinetraffic (via mAIS) then tell me where you are and I should be able to find you. It maybe that if you have only just registered with mAIS it takes a day or two to synchronise their various databases.
Simon
Simon
Delphinus
Delphinus
It is visible now - finally!
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Jayne,
OK so tell me where you are and I will find you add you to the fleet because at the moment you are not on their database. I suspect you will be on their database in a day or two.
Simon
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search